PM-AJAY [P.M. Anusuchit Jaati Abhuyday Yojana] new scheme 23 is a government initiative in India aimed at reducing poverty and promoting socio-economic development within Scheduled Caste (SC) communities. Since the objectives and interventions of PMAGY; SCA to SCSP; and BJRCY were similar and these schemes were implemented.
Table of Contents
what is (PM-AJAY)
[PM-AJAY] FULL FORM:-Pradhan Mantri Anusuchit Jaati Abhuyday Yojana
PM-AJAY is a government initiative in India aimed at reducing poverty and promoting socio-economic development within Scheduled Caste (SC) communities. Since the objectives and interventions of PMAGY; SCA to SCSP; and BJRCY were similar and these schemes were implemented.
P.M Anusuchit Jaati Abhuyday Yojana The scheme is implemented through the Department of Social Justice and Empowerment under the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment (MoSJ&E).
To reduce poverty of the SC communities by generation of additional employment through skill development, income generating schemes and other initiatives.
To improve socio-economic developmental indicators by ensuring adequate infrastructure and requisite services in the SC dominated villages.
To increase literacy and encourage enrolment of SCs in schools and higher educational institutions and offer residential schools in the aspirational districts/ SC dominated blocks
What is Eligibility Criteria
1.The Scheduled Castes persons living below the poverty lines.
2. The villages having 50% or more SC population are eligible for grants under the Scheme
for infrastructure development.
what is the Scheme Coverage
The scheme is implemented throughout the India.
4 States not implemented
1. Arunachal Pradesh
4 UTs not implemented
1. A & N Islands
2. Dadra Nagar Haveli
3 Daman & Diu
4 Ladakh & Lakshadweep
Under the SCHEME p.m.anusuchit Jaati Abhuyday Yojana]
PM-AJAY the scheme Merger of 3 Schemes
The scheme of three Centrally Sponsored Schemes
1. Pradhan Mantri Adarsh Gram Yojana (PMAGY)
2. Special Central Assistance to Scheduled Castes Sub Plan (SCA to SCSP),
3. Babu Jagjivan Ram Chhatrawas Yojana (BJRCY)
what is the Objectives of PM-AJAY
The primary aim of PM-AJAY is to reduce poverty among SC communities.
1. Generating additional employment opportunities through skill development,
2. Initiating income-generating schemes,
3. Improving socio-economic developmental indicators by ensuring adequate infrastructure
and requisite services in SC dominated villages.
What is the Components of PM-AJAY
1. Development of SC dominated villages into an “Adarsh Gram” (Model Village).
2. Grants-in-aid for District/State-level Projects for socio-economic betterment of SCs,
3. Creation of infrastructure in SC dominated villages,
4. Construction of hostels/residential schools.
What is Projects
1. the Livelihood Projects skill development, related infrastructure development, and financial
assistance towards loans taken by beneficiaries for acquisition/creation of assets required
for livelihood generation.
2. The hostels in higher educational institutions which are top-ranked as per the National
Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) of the Government of India, as well as in schools which are
either fully or partially funded by the Centre/ State/ Union Territory Governments and
recommended by the Ministry of Education.
3. more than 15% of the total grants are exclusively for viable income-generating
economic development schemes/programs for SC women.
4. more than 30% of the total grants are utilised for infrastructure development.
5. more or less than 10% of the total funds are allocated for skill development.
6. Promotion of SC Women Cooperatives engaged in production and marketing of consumer goods and services
Adarsh Gram Component (erstwhile scheme of PMAGY)
To ensure integrated development of SC majority villages so that there is Adequate infrastructure, All requisite infrastructure necessary for socio-economic development needs are to be provided under the Scheme. Improvement in Socio-Economic Indicators
The identified socio-economic indicators (Monitorable indicators) should be improved to eliminate disparity between SC and non-SC population.
Achievements during FY 2022-2023
Under the Adarsh Gram component, a total of 1260 villages have been declared as Adarsh Gram during the current FY 2023-24.
A total of 9 new hostels have been sanctioned under the Hostel component of the scheme. perspective plan for 7 States have been approved under Grant-in-aid component during the current financial year
Grants-in-aid for District/State-level Projects for Socio-Economic betterment of SCs (erstwhile scheme SCA to SCSP)
These Livelihood Projects aims to create an entire system for generating sustainable income or social advancement for SCs. They should preferably combine two or more of the following components
skilling courses that meet the standards of the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE) including skill development institutions.
1. Grants for creating or acquire
2. Grants for creating or acquiring assets for beneficiaries/households 3. Financial assistance towards loans taken by beneficiaries to create or acquire assets needed for livelihood generation, up to a maximum of Rs. 50,000 or 50% of the asset cost, whichever is less.
Development of infrastructure related to the project, as well as hostels and residential schools.
Various other infrastructure development projects in SC majority villages.
the P.M. Anusuchit Jaati Abhuyday Yojana scheme provide to boost SC/ST development. For the generating sustainable income or social advancement.